lynx-dev Re: Bug in lynx

From: Michael Warner
Subject: lynx-dev Re: Bug in lynx
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 19:58:44 -0700

On or about 21 Jun, 1999, S.VELMAYIL
<address@hidden> wrote:

        [...]

> To reproduce the problem, please do the following steps:
> 1. Type 'lynx' on the dummy terminal(vt100).
> 2. Press key 'g'.
> 3. Type 'http://www.indian-matrimonial.com' and press enter.
> 3. Select 'Indian Matrimonial section' and press enter key.
> 4. select 'Register' and press enter key.
>
> After this i got the following information.
> Data transfer complete
> Sorry, you have encountered a bug in Lynx Ver.2.3.7 BETA

        ...and, in reply,

On or about 21 Jun, 1999, address@hidden
<address@hidden> wrote:

> > After this i got the following information.
> > Data transfer complete
> > Sorry, you have encountered a bug in Lynx Ver.2.3.7 BETA
>
> The current version of lynx is 2.8.2 (2.8.3 in development)
> It's available at
>       http://lynx.browser.org
>       http://sol.slcc.edu/lynx/release
>       ftp://lynx.isc.org/lynx-2.8.2

...but even if you get a current version of lynx, I believe
you'll still have trouble with the page, though it won't crash
lynx.

The "I Agree" and "I Do Not Agree" submit buttons are the
'onMouseClick' type, meant for graphical browsers, and don't give
lynx anything to work with.  You could download the source for
the page and modify it to provide a lynx-usable submit, but that
might be more trouble than you're interested in going to.

Possibly someone else on the list could tell you how to go about
modifying the page to work with lynx, but I don't know the
specifics.

--
Michael Warner <address@hidden>
  "'Just answering some E-mail,' Nat said without looking up.  'I'm in