lynx-dev FTP under MSDOS

From: Igor B. Poretsky
Subject: lynx-dev FTP under MSDOS
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 99 02:02:26 +0400

    It is well known that Lynx did not support FTP in it's MSDOS
incarnation. And there was another fault that annoyed me much enough too.
I mean the "z" key that must immediately abort *any* current network
operation at *any* moment. As a matter of fact, it works only in the case
of living connection, but when occassional disconnect suddenly occurs (it
is quite real in my circumstances) or another side simply goes down or
stops responding, Lynx ceases to accept regular key strokes (hangs up),
and the only way to exit is ctrl+break or reboot.
    I tell about this two problems in the past, because it seems that
I've resolved them. The root of these deficiences was burried in the TCP
library (TCPLIBDJ), which was used for compiling the DOS version of Lynx
(not in the Lynx itself). I was forced to hack it.
    I could mail this hacked version, but I don't want to overload your
traffic without explicit permission. It is about 100 kb, you know.
    Who is interested, please contact me privately, because I do not
receive all the list mailings.
    With great respect and the best wishes.
    Igor