Re: lynx-dev Whatever Happened to Wayne Buttles

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Whatever Happened to Wayne Buttles
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 18:34:56 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 22 Jun 1999, Dave McLean wrote:

> Was curious about the fdisk.com site hosted by Wayne Buttles.  The Lynx
> win32 port hasn't been updated since 11/03/98.  while I suppose I could be
> more ambitious and get myself a compiler and figure out how to create my
> own port it was sure convenient when he was doing it!

I don't believe that Wayne is actively following lynx-dev any more,
although he has not totally abandoned lynx development. Recent
versions of lynx for Win32 have been compiled by Hiroyuki Senshu, who
has made them available. Although they come configured by default for
the Japanese environment, they are easy to reconfigure if you are
already familiar with the Win32 port of lynx.
"ftp://crab.it.osha.sut.ac.jp/pub/Win32/develope/senshu/Lynx";
                             Doug
__
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden (preferred)