lynx-dev "-dump" format

From: pg
Subject: lynx-dev "-dump" format
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 17:41:23 -0600 (MDT)

The Users Guide says:

        -dump
                dumps the formatted output of the default document or one
                specified on the command line to standard out. This can be
                used in the following way:
                lynx -dump http://www.w3.org/

When I use "-dump", the formatted output has all the lines numbered, and
is followed by a section of equal size called "References" which repeats
all the lines.  The numbers in the first section are enclosed in brackets;
in the second section the numbers are followed by periods.

Is this the way it's supposed to work?  Yes, it's "formatted", but not
in any way I would have predicted.

Is there any line command which simply formats and outputs the document
as if I viewed it and printed it to stdout?

Thanks,
gil
--
StorageTek