lynx-dev configure can't guess host type

From: mattack
Subject: lynx-dev configure can't guess host type
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 13:33:14 -0700 (PDT)

I wanted to compile Lynx on my system here at work, running Mac OS X
(development version of course), and it can't guess the host type.  It's BSD
UNIX based, with Mach underneath.

config.cache is empty
config.log contains:
This file contains any messages produced by compilers while
running configure, to aid debugging if configure makes a mistake.

configure:624: checking host system type

There is no config.status file.

Can you tell I've read the INSTALLATION file?