Re: lynx-dev Lynx 2.8.3.dev4+Slang 1.3.8: arrow keys not working?

From: brian j pardy
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx 2.8.3.dev4+Slang 1.3.8: arrow keys not working?
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 1999 22:09:00 -0400

On Sat, Jul 17, 1999, T.E.Dickey wrote:

> > > If TERM=vt100, that's incorrect in any case: screen has its own terminfo
> > > which is roughly a vt220, and the linux terminfo isn't the same as vt100.
> >
> > I think the reason I did this was because the screen terminfo didn't
> > work properly on my WY-185 terminal, and I was too lazy to keep
>
> I don't know why either - the terminfo for wy185 looks much like a vt220.
> (But I don't collect terminals - just programs - so I can only guess).
> One thing I see - rmcup/smcup aren't what a vt220 would use.  Also (in my
> nonauthoritative terminfo ;-) the rmkx/smkx have one of the settings
> reversed (the private-mode 1).
>
> If you get bored and would like to debug that terminfo, I can try to advise
> you.

I'll get back to you once I unpack it (too many boxes still on top of
it) if it survived the cross country move. :)

I think I even have the manual, but if not, Wyse has recently (well,
in the past year and a half) put good specs up for most of their
terminals.

--
Wedding is destiny, and hanging likewise.
                -- John Heywood