RE: lynx-dev Lynx 2.8.2

From: Ellison, Rick
Subject: RE: lynx-dev Lynx 2.8.2
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 14:14:12 -0700

Klaus:

Excellent and very useful response!  I tried the "-crawl" suffix instead of
"-traversal" and got exactly what I wanted.  I am now able to start "n"
number of independent and simultaneous lynx processes with associated URL's.
When the results return, I am easily able to view the results.  The windows
don't close down when the process completes.

I have a DOS batch file that looks like the following:

@echo off
set machineport=<machine name>:<port number>

REM PL/SQL Stress Tests:
start lynx http://%machineport%/web_user/owa/stresstest.stress1 -crawl
start lynx http://%machineport%/web_user/owa/stresstest.stress2 -crawl
start lynx http://%machineport%/web_user/owa/stresstest.stress3 -crawl
start lynx http://%machineport%/web_user/owa/stresstest.stress4 -crawl
start lynx http://%machineport%/web_user/owa/stresstest.stress5 -crawl
start lynx http://%machineport%/web_user/owa/stresstest.stress6 -crawl

I can call this script as many times as I want so that I can run 6 x "n"
simultaneous processes, up to the limit of my NT workstation.

@echo off

call stresstest
call stresstest