lynx-dev Re: WML support???

From: Webmaster Jim
Subject: lynx-dev Re: WML support???
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 03:29:59 -0400

On Thu, Sep 16, 1999 at 08:22:48PM -0500, William Leeke wrote:
> I was just reading the TODO @
> http://www.slcc.edu/lynx/html/todo-list.html It was kinda old, April.

Not compared to how old some of the ideas are :-)

> WML (Wireless Markup Language) -> W3C approved version of HDML
> HDML (Handheld Device Markup Language) -> More "industry" focused i.e.
> standards + extensions.

Did you add these to the list?

> Has anyone considered using lynx as a browser for cel phones? Im sure
> someone has...

I've seen cell phones with working browsers.  I don't think this group
has much to do with that.

> Is anybody working on this???

What is "this"?  The todo page, or the ideas on it?  Many ideas are
suggested, few attempted, fewer succeed.

BTW, I work on that page by reorganizing it periodically.  The April
date is when I last did that, not the last time someone added ideas to
the page.  It is Lynx user-accessible.

------
<http://www.altavista.com/cgi-bin/query?q=%22web+home+for+jim+spath%22>
Marvin the Paranoid Android says: