Re: lynx-dev Crypto Question

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Crypto Question
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 18:31:14 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 30 Sep 1999, T.E.Dickey wrote:

> > Where and how, specifically, do I tell the Lynx configure and make about
> > my Open SSL files? I am unable to use the standard directory structure
> > (/usr ...) and, therefore, plopped Open SSL into a directory in my home
> > dir.
>
> you don't - the makefile looks for SSL in a particular place -- iirc,
> /usr/local/ssl (so you would edit the makefile if that doesn't match).

Tom, this is a bit unusual. Shouldn't we normally expect configure
to find the libraries when the environment variable LIBS is set to
"-L/path_to/ssl/lib" and CPPFLAGS is set to "-I/path_to/ssl/include",
where path_to is the path to the parent directory for ssl. I haven't
tried to compile the SSL lynx binary, but this syntax for interacting
with configure generally works for other libraries not in the usual
place.
                             Doug
__
Doug Kaufman