Re: lynx-dev Re: can't compile on NetBSD

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: can't compile on NetBSD
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 04:41:50 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 19 Oct 1999, Henry Nelson wrote:

> > It's just a warning that "unix" is deprecated. It started in NetBSD
>
> It compiled flawlessly just by adding "-Dunix".  (Something must depend
> on having "unix" defined when linking to slang.)

Afaics (by looking at _my_ 1.2.2 slang.h and assuming yours is
still similar), it is a disagreement between slang.h and the compiler.
Lynx is only an innocent bystander.

Slang's assumption that it can just check 'unix' to figure out whether
it is being used on a REAL_UNIX_SYSTEM may already have been corrected
in a version later than Henry's.  That would explain why it works for
Jim.

   Klaus