Re: patch (was: Re: lynx-dev LYNXCFG:, LYNXCOMPILEOPTS:)

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: patch (was: Re: lynx-dev LYNXCFG:, LYNXCOMPILEOPTS:)
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 11:54:17 +0900 (JST)

> > is the case. Futher documenting of 'g lynxcompileopts:' seems excessive.]
>                       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Except if there is an expectations that anyone should actually
> do what the Configuration Definitions page says:
>
>  "When reporting a bug, please include a copy of this page."

In my tracking of the use of this, my record stands at 1 submission.
It seems to me that even the developers prefer the output from trace.
Previously, Tom used to ask for people to send config.*, but of course
those files are only available to the person who does the compiling.

Should this line be deleted?

How useful is this information coming from a general user who has no idea
what the output means?   (I certainly didn't bother to translate it for our
site.)  If you really want someone to send a copy of that page, I think you
at least ought to suggest a way for them to do that, i.e., mention mailing
from the P)rint Menu.  Do you really want a bunch of those coming to lynx-dev?
It might be more efficient to ask for the information that is pertinent.

__Henry