Re: patch (was: Re: lynx-dev LYNXCFG:, LYNXCOMPILEOPTS:)

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: Re: patch (was: Re: lynx-dev LYNXCFG:, LYNXCOMPILEOPTS:)
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1999 01:49:27 +0300 (MSK)

23-Nov-99 20:03 Klaus Weide wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Nov 1999, Henry Nelson wrote:
> [kw:]
>> > It is not true.  Not when the forms options page is not used.

I think this will only complicate things even more:
there are many places in docs where we assume form-based menu
without explicit note - options_help.html explain the latter
so old-style menu userse may be surprized one day.
We could not even agree on the naming of two types of option menus...

IMHO, those who use old-style menu know that they are doing
since this is not the default way any more.

'g LYNXCFG:' is not the most comfortable way, just when you haven't another
(or you are fairly avdanced lynx user which is not a default assumption).

>>  To view your current configuration derived from lynx.cfg and any
>>  included configuration files, press <em>'g'</em> and type in
>>  the '<em>Check your lynx.cfg</em>' link near the bottom.

> I prefer the second one.  If 'g' 's gonna be the main way, it should
> come first.

> I would write LYNXCFG: instead of lynxcfg:.
agree here.