Re: lynx-dev Options, V.Links, random (was: patch 6 - UI Pages)

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Options, V.Links, random (was: patch 6 - UI Pages)
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 09:17:24 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 15 Dec 1999, Leonid Pauzner wrote:
> 15-Dec-99 07:21 T.E.Dickey wrote:
> > otoh, it improved on what was there (addressed the immediate cause for
> > concern).  I don't believe that any of us can come up with a completely
> > secure scheme (nor could the critics ;-).  However, using a sequential name
> There is one: new LYNXfoo:/ scheme done via HTStreamStack() -
> no temp files at all.
> (recent example - LYNXMESSAGES:/ though I am not sure we want
> to expand LYNXfoo:/ namespace too much. Not a technical problem,
> just our consensus.)

Even if all User Interface Pages got replaced by in-memory-only code,
you still have 'd'ownloaded files to worry about (as well as the variations
for passing to a viewer, and for uncompressing).  We don't want to try to
keep files of arbitrary size like that in memory.

> Anyway, exept forms Options Menu (and now Visited Links page also),
> we have a plain html files without any POST content nor possibility
> to explore something comparing against any
> file://localhost/.../file.html

Although I'm not sure I understand this remark - didn't you forget about
files 'd'ownloaded / passed to a viewer / uncompressed?

   Klaus