lynx-dev Re: BUG: autoconf AC_DIVERT_HELP

From: Webmaster Jim
Subject: lynx-dev Re: BUG: autoconf AC_DIVERT_HELP
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 12:11:58 -0500

On Wed, Dec 15, 1999 at 11:57:31AM -0500, T.E.Dickey wrote:

> > I haven't been able to compile lynx (actually I haven't been able to
> > configure it to compile
>
> it looks as if you tried to regenerate 'configure' without applying my
> patches for autoconf 2.13
>
> http://www.clark.net/pub/dickey/autoconf/autoconf-2.13-19990117.patch.gz

This is documented in the head of aclocal.m4:

dnl Macros for auto-configure script.
dnl by T.E.Dickey <address@hidden>
dnl and Jim Spath <address@hidden>
dnl and Philippe De Muyter <address@hidden>
dnl
dnl Created: 1997/1/28
dnl Updated: 1999/5/8
dnl
dnl The autoconf used in Lynx development is GNU autoconf, patched
dnl by Tom Dickey.  See your local GNU archives, and this URL:
dnl http://www.clark.net/pub/dickey/autoconf/autoconf.html

Perhaps a note should be INSTALL telling people to read this...

------
<http://www.altavista.com/cgi-bin/query?q=%22web+home+for+jim+spath%22>
Marvin the Paranoid Android says:
You are the same as any other so-called life form.