Re: lynx-dev Feature Request (not bug)

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Feature Request (not bug)
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 1999 21:47:04 +0300 (MSK)

18-Dec-99 10:24 Klaus Weide wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Dec 1999, Leonid Pauzner wrote:
>> 15-Dec-99 09:40 Adam Price wrote:
>> >       it would be great if, when reading from the command line, lynx
>> > will treat ANY file with .html in it anywhere as an html document.  If I
>> > download something as important.html#Table_of_contents, it is a pain to
>>
>> Does 'd'ownload made a suggested filename without tripping #frogment ?
>> Seems so.

>  And the saved document is text/html (since we have fragment).

> It's *just a suggestion*!
Ugh, right (content-type is a different topic, we discuss URLs).

At least RFC2141 says '#' and '?' are reserver characters, they should
be always escaped if the character assumed literally. So '#fragment'
could be stripped from the suggested file name safely in our case, isn't
it? (There are URL, URI, URN... I may be unaware of a tiny differences).

> People should edit it down anyway to the name they want, instead of
> just accepting everything.

> (Your logic "since we have a fragment, it must be text/html" is wrong.
> Let me give you a link to 'd'ownload:
> <ftp://ftp.digital.com/pub/net/infosys/lynx/current/PROBLEMS#blah>.
You mean file name is "PROBLEMS", not "PROBLEMS#blah" - right?