Re: lynx-dev reading sjis docs [was Re: lynxcgi problem]

From: Hataguchi Takeshi
Subject: Re: lynx-dev reading sjis docs [was Re: lynxcgi problem]
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2000 00:11:44 +0900 (JST)

On Mon, 3 Jan 2000, Klaus Weide wrote:

> On Fri, 31 Dec 1999, Hataguchi Takeshi wrote:
> > Thu, 30 Dec 1999, Klaus Weide wrote:
> >
> > > Could you please explain to the ignorant (me) what nkf -Se does?
> > >
> > >  1) convert Sift-JIS to EUC (or the other way?) ?
> > >  2) covert halfwidth to fullwidth characters?
> > >  3) both?
> > >  4) something else?
> >
> > 1) and covert halfwidth kana to fullwidth kana.
> >
> > # Fullwidth characters in SJIS or EUC-JP include alphabets and numbers.
>
> I wonder why you added that last remark, so I am asking...
> Which alphabets, and which numbers?  Surely you don't mean that
> "normal" ASCII characters 0x30-0x39, 0x41-0x5a, 0x61-0x7a somehow
> become "fullwidth"?

I'm sorry that I couldn't explain well.

I wanted to say nkf -Se doesn't convert every characters to fullwidth
but only does convert halfwidth kana to fullwidth.

In other words, nkf -Se doesn't 1) and 2)
but does 1) and covert halfwidth kana to fullwidth kana.
--
Takeshi Hataguchi
E-mail: address@hidden