Re: lynx-dev lynx 2.2.2 not working on AIX 3.2.5

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx 2.2.2 not working on AIX 3.2.5
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2000 15:41:13 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 5 Jan 2000, Denny Watkins wrote:

> Running AIX 3.2.5 on an IBM RS6000 570 machine.
>
> I downloaded lynx 2-8-2
>
> I did NOT change anything configuration wise; in fact
> pretty much did nothing except what the INSTALLATION
> file stated:
>
>             ./configure
>     and
>             make

You might want to do this again, this time adding a flag
--disable-nsl-fork to configure to eliminate one possible source of
problems. I think that's the default anyway, in that case the flag
wouldn't do anything, but check configure --help.

> Then copied the executable for lynx to /usr/local/bin
> Then copied lynx.cfg to /usr/local/lib
>
> >lynx -version
>  Lynx Version 2.8.2rel.1 (01 Jun 1999)
>  Built on aix3.2.5 Jan 4 2000 10:49:02

 From your following description, it seems that lynx may "work"
as long as you just hit some key often enough to make it continue
(and quickly enough to prevent a time out).
Is that right?

Anyway you probably need to send more information about the system
or the lynx configuration, in order to help someone track the problem
down.  (It sounds like it might me related to HTCheckForInterrupt,
but I don't know what strange system dependecies mightr lurk in that
function.  Maybe configure didn't find some necessary time function or
sometime like that.  I hope Tom D. can ask better questions.)

But first try  lynx with the -trace flag, see whether the Lynx.trace
file contains any clues.

> Getting file://localhost/usr/local/bin/dlw
>
> Press any key and the file is displayed but it
> will NOT display unless a key is pressed.

If you go to other local files after that, do they all show the same
behavior?  Or does maybe only the first one have a problem?

   Klaus