Re: lynx-dev Lynx compilation from VC++

From: Webmaster Jim
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx compilation from VC++
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 17:36:21 -0500

On Thu, Jan 13, 2000 at 07:38:26PM +0530, Pavamana H.V wrote:
> Hello,

> I am a software engineer working for a company called ZiLOG India
> Electronics Ltd and would like to compile the lynx code using VC++6.0.
> Everywhere in the web I found that it being done using Borlarnd C++
> compiler. Can you please explain me how to do it with VC++ compiler? A
> little hint to begin with would be very much advantageous.
>
> Thanks & Regards Pavamana H.V. Bangalore, INDIA.

There is a file in the Lynx source distribution named makefile.msc (
http://www.slcc.edu/lynx/current/lynx2-8-3/makefile.msc ), which says it
is for:

#
# Makefile for `Lynx' browser for Microsoft Visual C++ 4.2 or later
#

It's dated 10/21/99, so it should "just work".  You will also need the
pdcurses and possibly the zlib libraries.

You can find the latest sources in:

http://www.slcc.edu/lynx/current/
and
ftp://lynx.isc.org/current/index.html

------
<http://www.altavista.com/cgi-bin/query?q=%22web+home+for+jim+spath%22>
Marvin the Paranoid Android says:
Wearily I sit here, pain & misery my only companions
And vast intelligence of course
And infinite sorrow
And ....