Re: lynx-dev lynx download problems

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx download problems
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 07:55:59 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 17 Feb 2000, blaise partridge wrote:

> Just wondering how to download lynx. I selected download button and
> then the platform and could go no further (very frustrating). Any
> information will be greatly be appreciated.

You didn't give us much information to go on, but from your mention
of "download button", the fact that you sent the message as one long
line, and the fact that you posted in html, I suspect that you may
be using Windows9x. You didn't say from where you were trying to
download. If you wanted lynx for Windows9x or WindowsNT, there are at
least four binaries available. See my web page for pointers to the
URLs.
"http://www.rahul.net/dkaufman/index.html";

For other platforms, you would generally compile from source. Start at
"http://lynx.browser.org";.
                            Doug

P.S. Please turn off html in your mailer when sending to mailing lists.
__
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden