lynx-dev LYNX: how to P(rint) while in dropdown-list wanting item-choice

From: David Combs
Subject: lynx-dev LYNX: how to P(rint) while in dropdown-list wanting item-choice?
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 14:44:13 -0800 (PST)

Look at this:

               +------------------------------------------------------+Footer
                | (371)Cat Litter Additives                            |
   [1][LINK]-[2]| (372)Cat Litter Scoops                               |
                | (373)Cat Milk Replacer, Food Supplement              |

That's the top 4 lines of a VERY LONG drop-down list (must be several
thousand lines long -- each <space> gives you another "page" on
this dropdown list.

It wants me to CHOOSE one of the items, by moving cursor (vi vikeys,
for me), and as soon as I do choose one, the dropdown disappears --
ie I can no longer see that page of it.

What I want to do is to p(rint) it, to have some RECORD of just
what (pet) items EXIST at this site.

But there is no way to enter the "p".

---

Lots of programs (eg kermit, among many) have the ability
to "escape" out of the interaction, and give commands
directly to the program itself.

I believe we need such a facility in lynx.

Mail has it (default is tilde), kermit has it (backslash-c, I think
is it), etc, etc, etc.

Any suggestions?  Comments?

David