lynx-dev Re: libslang problem

From: Philip Webb
Subject: lynx-dev Re: libslang problem
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 18:12:57 -0500

000228 benny jose wrote:
> Thank you for the time you took to answer my querries.
> I down loaded version 2-8-2 of lynx from the site <lynx.browser.org>.
> when i tried to run it, it shows
>  ld.so  failed: can't find shared library "libslang.so.0.9938".
> since i am not a technical guy I can't figure out the problem.
> My m/c is loaded with free bsd 2.2.5
> No tech. support reg.this is available nearby.
> So could u please suggest me a a lynx version
> which runs on free bsd without any problem?
> I am not aware abt library files needed to run this lynx, if there is any.

i'm not a technical guy either (in this area), so two things:
please send all messages to  address@hidden ,
where everyone will see them (remember to use a meaningful Subject);
there was one reply: look in the Archive at  www.flora.org/lynx-dev .

this does seem to be a problem with Lynx binary support:
either the binary assumes users have libraries not everyone has
or documentation is inadequate for the kind of user likely to use them.

any more suggestions from TD, LP, DK, JS or even KW ?