Re: lynx-dev lynx -source problem

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx -source problem
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 08:07:52 +0100 (BST)

> somehow informs the TargetURL that this is not being sent to the
> screen.  I base this on the fact that without the "-source" the command

There is nothing in the protocol which would allow it to do this!

The only possible variations that I can think of are:

- different acceptable media types (but this is presumably html);
- different acceptable languages (language negotiation is very rare);
- missing persistent cookies;
- different user agent string (but user agent tests are likely to reject
  lynx, rather than help it).