Re: lynx-dev Re: How do I get the background to be white instead of grey

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: How do I get the background to be white instead of grey?
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 23:34:54 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 25 Apr 2000, Klaus Weide wrote:

> On Tue, 25 Apr 2000, Doug Kaufman wrote:
> > I believe that slang for DOS uses the blink bit for intensity, hence
> > the bright background when lynx is compiled with slang.
>
> With or without the -blink option?
>
>    -blink           force high intensity bg colors in color mode
>
> (Only available if compiled with slang)

The -blink option has no effect in DOS or Win9x. It sets the
SLtt_Blink_Mode flag, which is only in sldisply.c. This module isn't
used in the DOS or Windows versions of slang. The code in the
src/LYCurses.c is ifdef'd VMS or REAL_UNIX_SYSTEM.

In the DJGPP version of lynx, compiled with slang, background is
intense if you specify an intense color. The default background for
COLOR:0 and COLOR:1 is white. I have this changed to lightgray so that
it matches what you see when compiled with PDCurses.

As far as I know, it is also impossible to turn off color with the
slang build. Neither the setting in the option page nor the -nocolor
switch have any effect. Color is hardcoded into the slang library for
DOS.
                           Doug
__
Doug Kaufman