lynx-dev displaying current page title in xterm window title

From: Vlad Harchev
Subject: lynx-dev displaying current page title in xterm window title
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 01:50:00 +0500 (SAMST)

 As I remember, some fraction of lynx users run lynx in xterm (or other
terminal emulator for X that support setting the window title via some escape
sequence). It seems to me that setting the window title to the page title, if
running under terminal emulator, would be a handy improvement to lynx. Are
there any additional thoughts on this subject (for example, how 'screen'
running in xterm will handle such escape sequences).

 Also, what is the most clean way of detecting of whether running in
xterm-like terminal (it seems to me that the easy hack is to check whether
$WINDOWID and/or $DISPLAY are defined)?

 Best regards,
  -Vlad