Re: lynx-dev Superscripts

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Superscripts
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 08:13:16 +0100 (BST)

> > presumably `\305' is the code for `u^', as i vulgarly transliterate it
>               ^^^^A with a circle over it, using M+M

That means that you are using a terminal with an ISO 8859/1 (or Windows
1252) character set. In my experience displaying as \305 is active and
displaying the character means the program did nothing but output it
to the terminal.  (Lynx does translate, unless you turn this feature off,
e.g. because of endemic character set abuse in your country.)