Re: lynx-dev lynx checks a radio button by default

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx checks a radio button by default
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2000 11:44:40 +0100 (BST)

> When there is a set of radio buttons, lynx checks the first one and it
> is not possible to uncheck it.

This is a deliberately ambiguous part of the HTML specification (I
gather this is because of big 2 browsers violating the spec and requiring
it to be reworded to legitimise them).

slashdot, which is generally not noted for the validity of its HTML,
should write HTML that is compatible with all interpretations of the
spec.

See the list archives for more information on this, and I'll try to find
the reply I got on the www-html list, and for which I got permission to
repost, although too late for the original thread.