Re: lynx-dev TAB character in text input fields of html forms

From: Patrick
Subject: Re: lynx-dev TAB character in text input fields of html forms
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2000 00:42:16 -0700

In "Re: lynx-dev TAB character in text input fields of html forms"
[17/Aug/2000 Thu 00:18:40]
David Woolley wrote:

> >   I have the need to enter a string containing a TAB character into a
> > text field of an html form (don't ask me why; the server expects it).
>
> You can't do this with the big 2 either.

Maybe not, but I can imagine copy-pasting a tab character, from
a text editor, to the form input field in one of these browsers.

Yes, in general this subject has already been chewed-over pretty
thoroughly, but I'll backtrack to the original message and try
it at the URL given [if there was one].

                          Patrick
                <mailto:address@hidden>