lynx-dev lynx.exe

From: Fiber McGee
Subject: lynx-dev lynx.exe
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2000 14:37:50 -0600

The message below from "Robert C. Vande Hey"
<address@hidden> was forwarded by one
of the list maintainers.

Before Windows I used Lynx to browse the internet. Because of its fastness I wished to see if I could browse with Lynx again.

I downloaded "lynx_w32.2.8.2rel.1" but when I click on "lynx.exe" (which I see is the one modified 6/14/99 having 1,055KB) I see popping up a window with the heading "lynx" and on a gray-colored screen the information "Alert: Unable to access document" and then on a black DOS-like background white text giving a flashing glimpse of what appears to be commands (maybe? "looking for"?).

Do you have any idea of what is going on, what I missed doing, and how I can browse again with Lynx?

        Thanking you for your help,
                                                ~ Bob V