lynx-dev Status of lynx?

From: Larry W. Virden
Subject: lynx-dev Status of lynx?
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 07:30:14 -0400 (EDT)

Is there a place from which patches to lynx are available since the
normal development site continues to be down?

Also, has anyone taken a look at the cookie bug that shows up when trying
to use lynx with http://groups.yahoo.com/ ?

Finally, I'm still struggling to figure out what combination of configuration
options to use with lynx to get it to display properly on SPARC Solaris .
I don't know which of a dozen different things caused my display problem
- since the last time I had built lynx, I've updated a lot of different
utilities, the compiler, patched the OS, etc. and there is no going back.
I know that for the last 3 patches to lynx that I've tried, the lynx
built no longer displays data on my default color terminal emulator
in the way I expect.

What I was expecting was color highliting for hyperlinks, headings, etc.
My terminal is, by default, a gray background with black letters.
The last 'successful' lynx build I had would continue to display a
gray background with normal text in black, with hyperlinks in blue,
italics in read, nothing special with bold, and the cursor position in red.

What I get now is weird:

Background is shown as black, text is displayed as grey background with
black letters, hyperlinks are shown as either white or grey underlined
text with black background, and the current cursor position is shown as
gray background and black letters.  Text input fields are white underlined
black spaces.

Anyone have any ideas?
--
Never apply a Star Trek solution to a Babylon 5 problem.
Larry W. Virden <mailto:address@hidden> <URL: http://www.purl.org/NET/lvirden/>