Re: lynx-dev Home and End Keys Don't Work

From: Mike Castle
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Home and End Keys Don't Work
Date: Sun, 27 May 2001 12:34:09 -0700

On Sun, May 27, 2001 at 03:17:08PM -0400, iEnthusiast wrote:
> I couldn't get any results with 'control /v'

That's not control /v but hold the control key down, hit the v key.

This puts the remote side into a mode where, instead of trying to interpret
the next keystroke, it accepts it explicitly.

Another option might be to run the command:

od -c

Then hit your home and end keys.  Then hit the enter key and then
control-d.

Hopefully you'll see something like this:

address@hidden:30pm]~(514) od -c
^[[H^[[F
0000000 033   [   H 033   [   F  \n
0000007

If you don't see at least the \n then you did it wrong.

If all you see is \n (none of the 033 [ stuff), then that means your telnet
program does not send anything when you hit the home and end keys.

Hmmm

Home and end don't do anything for me either actually.  What are they
supposed to do?  :->

Of course I always use control-a and control-e anyway, as they are the more
natural keystrokes for me.  And I don't have to take my hands off of home
row to reach over and hit those keys over there.

mrc
--
       Mike Castle       Life is like a clock:  You can work constantly
  address@hidden  and be right all the time, or not work at all