Re: lynx-dev MULTI_BOOKMARK_SUPPORT behavior with empty selection

From: Patrick
Subject: Re: lynx-dev MULTI_BOOKMARK_SUPPORT behavior with empty selection
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2001 00:20:28 -0700

In "lynx-dev MULTI_BOOKMARK_SUPPORT behavior with empty selection"
[03/Aug/2001Fri 21:53:39]
FrŽdŽric L. W. Meunier wrote:

> When you set MULTI_BOOKMARK_SUPPORT and use 'v' + Enter
> (without selecting any bookmark), you're redirected to the
> default bookmark or get "Unable to open bookmark file, use
> 'a' to save a link first". If you retry (same page, without
> reloading it), Lynx doesn't try to load it, just returns to
> the same page.

I see;
"Select subbookmark, '=' for menu, or ^G to cancel:"
on the status-line first.  Then hitting Enter/Return [instead of
a letter assigned to a sub-bookmark file] selects the default.

Or are you talking about pressing "v" + Enter while already viewing
the default bookmark file?  In that case, since it's already loaded,
returning to it wastes no time loading again...  "Cancelled!!!"
*might* be more appropriate there, or at least consistant with
a GOTO/EGOTO where you hit Enter without typing anything.

> I'd expect it to always use "Cancelled!!!". I haven't tested
> without MULTI_BOOKMARK_SUPPORT .

With MULTI_BOOKMARK_SUPPORT off, it would simply skip the choosing
step, because there's only one choice [one bookmark file] available.

I kind of appreciate going to the default bookmarks, *by default*,
and apparently someone alse did too, quite some time ago; I'm talking
about MacLynx 2.7.1 b1 behavior, and am guessing your note is about
a much later version, which seems to do the same thing.

Sorry, I may be padding this message out with extraneous stuff,
but I'm not really sure what you're asking about.  Does any of
this help?

                             Patrick
                   <mailto:address@hidden>
                <http://www.island.net/~pboylan/>