Re: lynx-dev can't access startfile

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev can't access startfile
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2001 15:05:27 -0400

On Sun, Aug 26, 2001 at 01:36:16PM -0500, Sue Rosselet wrote:
> Folks,
>
> Running Lynx2-7-2 on an OVMS Alpha-VAX cluster.  Yes, it's an older
> version of lynx, but it's not heavily used and has been working great.
>
> Recently, I had to change the domain name of my HTTPD server from
>    CSWWW.Bemdji.MSUS.edu
>    CSWWW.BemdjiState.edu
>
> I changed my LYNX.CFG file to reflect that change ...
>
> STARTFILE:http://cswww.bemidjistate.edu

CSWWW.BemdjiState.edu isn't consistent with this (perhaps that typo is
not related).  You could try seeing some details with the -trace option,
but that did not necessarily work well with 2.7.2 (if not, upgrading
to 2.8.3 - there is an executable on the VMS freeware cdrom - might
be a better solution).

> and that's the only line I've changed.  But when I try, it eventually
> times out with the message:
>
> lynx: can't access startfile http://cswww.bemidjistate.edu/
>
> The server clearly works with the new URL.  I can get at my WWW pages
> thru other browers. I can also
>   $ LYNX cswww.bemidjistate.edu
> from another campus system that runs the same version of Lynx.
> >From my system, I can use LYNX to access other URLs.  I just can't seem
> to get it to access my own!
>
> The cluster has been rebooted since the .CFG change, so LYNX$STARTUP.COM
> has been executed and the latest image is installed.
>
> So what have I missed??  Can someone please point me in the right
> direction?
>
> TIA
>
> Sue Rosselet
> address@hidden