Re: lynx-dev Anyone on this list ever use sf.net?

From: Ilya Zakharevich
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Anyone on this list ever use sf.net?
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 12:47:28 -0400

About

  http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=add&group_id=10894&atid=360894

: by some strange reason Lynx tries to upload file even if nothing is
entered in the upload-file-name box.  But entering /dev/null as the
file name to upload let me go through this page (BTW, you need to
press ENTER to activate the entry field).

Let me reiterated my experience: I tried Lynx uploads with two sites.
Both report errors.  On the other hand, when I wrote *my own*
20-lines-of-code web server and submitted to it *using the same HTML*,
the contents my server dumped looks like correct MIME...

Since I could not find a simple way to use existing Perl modules to
make the HTTP server to actually *parse* a multipart message [*], I
cannot be absolutely sure that what Lynx sends *is* correct, but the
request I see looks *very similar* to something correct.

Hope this helps,
Ilya

[*] I got some suggestions on c.l.p.modules, but it looks like a
    pre-cooked solution does not exist, and I do not have time to
    *implement* the suggestions.  [IIRC, the problem is in converting
    an HTTP::Request object to a MIME object.]