lynx-dev Re: lynx download options... [NETAXS-484543] (fwd)

From: ANDY
Subject: lynx-dev Re: lynx download options... [NETAXS-484543] (fwd)
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 19:36:26 -0500 (EST)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 12:34:14 -0500 (EST)
From: Andrew Tsen <address@hidden>
To: ANDY <address@hidden>
Cc: Netaxs Ticketing System <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: lynx download options... [NETAXS-484543]

On Sun, 24 Mar 2002, ANDY wrote:

>   how do I do this, i.e.; specify the download location when I am at a
> download page?

When you hit Enter to enter Save To Disk option, it will show up the
filename.  At that point, you can modify the path to save it to.
If you just accept the filename as it displays, it will save it to the
directory that you are currently working in.  Else you can go to the first
character of the filename, and insert "/tmp/".  That's how you specify it
to a different path.

>   and why do I no longer have those 3 standard options: save to disk,
> kermit and zmodem to local terminal??

?  I am not sure if there were ever 3 options.  It might of been removed
when you requested us to upgrade to a new version of lynx.

>  I just want my 3 options back...
>
>  somebody said to modify my lynx.cfg under ''downloader'' section using a
> text editor I guess like pico... how is this done??... I mean, where would
> I find my lynx.cfg???

Make a copy of lynx.cfg from /etc/changes/lynx.cfg to your $HOME
directory.  And edit to your liking.  Find the part where it says
DOWNLOADER option, and modify it to what you want it to be.

Then launch lynx by using the following:

lynx -cfg=/home/g/geoghega/lynx.cfg