lynx-dev Can't retry with authorization

From: Walker, Aaron L
Subject: lynx-dev Can't retry with authorization
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 13:22:21 -0600

I need to have lynx retry a page on my server when I pass it the -dump and
-auth options.  I found a hit on lynx-dev from '96 (9607/0306.html), but it
offered no resolution.

Here's the gist of what I enter:

lynx -dump -auth=ID:PWD http://<<host_name>/html/intro.html

and my results are:

Looking up <host_name>
Making HTTP connection to <host_name>
Sending HTTP request.
HTTP request sent; waiting for response.
Alert!: Can't retry with authorization!  Contact the server's WebMaster.
Can't Access `http://<host_name>/html/intro.html'
Alert!: Unable to access document.

It's lynx 2.8.3 on an OS/390 2.9 system, hitting a server on the OS/390.  Is
there anything I'm leaving out, or any alterations I can make to the
webserver?

Thank you!

Aaron

Aaron Walker