Re: lynx-dev comment about links-2.0pre6

From: Vlad Harchev
Subject: Re: lynx-dev comment about links-2.0pre6
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 12:39:33 +0500 (SAMST)

On Wed, 12 Jun 2002, Thomas Dickey wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 12, 2002 at 10:40:28PM +0500, Vlad Harchev wrote:
>
> > Dunno, at least the following works fine for me:
> >
> > <script language=javascript>
> > location = 'http://lynx.browser.org';
> > </script>
> >
> > document.write('hi!') works too.
>
> that's essentially what I recall seeing incorporated into w3m (didn't seem
> very useful).

The following works fine in links-2 too:

--------
<script language=javascript>
function openurl(p)
{
    location = 'http://localhost/' + p;
}
</script>
---------

visiting a 'js link' brings me to http://localhost/tests/ . So it can be used
for some sites involving js for navigation.

> > (I don't visit sites with javascript used for navigation, so I can't test
> > anything further).

> > > I looked at a (recent) copy of elinks a few weeks ago, and it dumped core.
> > > This one happened to catch my attention because it was mentioned in one
> > > of the Debian mailing lists.
> >
> >  I haven't succeeded in making it dump core yet in the past 2 weeks..
>
> ( perhaps it was a site with javascript used for navigation ;-)

 :)

 In fact, I've never seen any version of links dumping core (though I use it
only to read complex html tables) in the past 2 years.

 Best regards,
  -Vlad