Re: lynx-dev Re: Lynx idle-loop

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: Lynx idle-loop
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 06:21:49 -0400 (EDT)

> Doug Kaufman <address@hidden> said:
>
> >> I didn't ran configure. I used my own makefile.
>
> > Is there an advantage to doing that, as opposed to using confiure?
>
> Last time I tried, it didn't work. Does configure work with 8+3 filenames?

The 8.3 names are an irritant that could be worked around, but for autoconf, I
seem to recall that some test-filenames may not be unique to 8 characters.  (14
characters is the underlying assumption, since that would let it port to any
known Unix variant).

> Besides I like writing makefiles :-) GNU make is truly great.
>
> >> One way is to run with "-wdebug" and look at the wattcp.sk file
> >> for activity when Lynx is idle.
> >
> > That should work. I'll try to see if I can find the problem, but I'll be
> > too busy at work for the next few days.
>
> I found the problem. It wasn't a Lynx problem at all; it *is* blocking in
> getxkey(). It was a problem with Watt-32 and background tasks not
> beeing called as they should.

;-)

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden> <address@hidden>