Re: lynx-dev lynx can't use the webmail interface on www.gmx.net!

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx can't use the webmail interface on www.gmx.net!
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2002 16:52:55 -0400

On Sun, Oct 13, 2002 at 10:11:41PM +0200, clemens fischer wrote:
> i just tried to send a message using the web-interface on www.gmx.net.
> i can fill in the form, but when i want to send the message off, i
> get: "Alert!: Can't open file for uploading".  the form sending is
> done by a CGI called http://www55.gmx.net/de/cgi/center (the www55
> part will change per instance, i guess), but i don't know how to find
> out what's going wrong there.

I'd start by turning on the trace (lynx -trace, or use control/T just before
starting the process).  If the traces don't show much interesting, then we
should be able to add some that are.  The ones that are present were enough
for me to test/debug uploading files to the w3c validator (which is what I
use the file-upload for).  Attaching an example....

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://invisible-island.net