Re: lynx-dev OT: ncurses for MingW

From: Gisle Vanem
Subject: Re: lynx-dev OT: ncurses for MingW
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 22:03:09 +0100

"Thomas Dickey" <address@hidden> said:

> on having a good sh/awk/sed environment.  If I were porting that, I'd
> generate the sources such as curses.h, lib_gen.c on another platform
> and hand-tweak the ncurses_cfg.h file.  The form/menu libraries don't
> require that.  I'm aware that panel uses some ncurses internals, but
> don't recall if form/menu do.

I've built menu.a okay, but hit a snag with WINDOW struct being
defined differently in ncurses and PDcurses. Could I perhaps build
PDcurses with ncurses' WINDOW? Or does ncurses needs WINDOW
from PDC? If so, it doesn't have _line[] etc.

Also I don't understand why curses.h has to be generated.
Why couldn't the termcap/key stuff be included as normal?
Now I just merged curses.head and curses.tail into curses.h
and hand-edited it.

--gv