Re: [Lynx-dev] Accept types (www.facespan.com)

From: Walter Ian Kaye
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Accept types (www.facespan.com)
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 10:55:29 -0800

At 02:46p +0000 03/14/2004, David Woolley didst inscribe upon an electronic papyrus:

 > There's no HTML on that page (wml is a proprietary extension for
 > wireless).

Either the user has confused the binary WML format with gzipped,

Who, me? No.

or Lynx doesn't unzip files that it are gzip encoded but not rendered.

It's not WML. (I know what it says.)

Henry Nelson appears to have identified the answer in the "content-type viewing" thread; by setting the charset to "Transparent", I get the page (although entities are not decoded). Weird. (Weird from *my* perspective, because I expect pages to display without having to lose entity rendering.)

-Walter