Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx2.8.6dev.6

From: Atsuhito KOHDA
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx2.8.6dev.6
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 10:05:42 +0900 (JST)

From: Thomas Dickey <address@hidden>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 13:33:30 -0400

> On Tue, Oct 12, 2004 at 11:01:14PM +0900, Atsuhito KOHDA wrote:
> > I see.  lynx was compiled with an option --with-screen=ncursesw
> > and I setted CHARACTER_SET:euc-jp with lynx.cfg
>
> This is an area where lynx can be confusing.  There is also a character_set
> value in .lynxrc, which appears to be the one that is used.  The options menu
> shows it as "Display character set".  (It is perhaps less confusing if the
> "locale_charset" option is set).  The options menu does show the display
> character set which is used, but of course if the options menu is difficult
> to read, that's hard to see as well.
>
> > Terminal emulator was kterm and setted LANG=ja_JP.eucJP
>
> I made a picture showing the options menu with kterm:
>       ftp://invisible-island.net/temp/lynx-kterm.png
>
> It would not be surprising if there are some remaining display problems,
> but so far the ones that I have noticed have been due to my own errors
> in setting up the various configurations.

Hmm, sorry but then what is the problem in fact, only
configuration is the problem or is there any problem?

I tested a bit more and
- there was the same problem on mlterm with LANG=ja_JP.utf-8
(options menu showed "Display character set" as UNICODE (UTF-8))

- but if I compiled lynx with "--with-screen=ncurses" (not
--with-screen=ncursesw !) then lynx seemed to work fine.

Regards,                       2004-10-18(Mon)

 Atsuhito Kohda <address@hidden>
 Department of Math., Univ. of Tokushima