Re: [Lynx-dev] Printing Forms

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Printing Forms
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 17:30:54 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005, address@hidden wrote:

At:

      Lynx 2.8.6dev.12 (02 Jun 2005) (development version)

File that you are currently viewing

  Linkname: Language Tools

... I enter an English word; select "English to French" from
the popup, and press return at "Translate".  I get a page
with the English word I entered and the French translation.
Good; it's a keeper; print it!  Alas, the printed page shows
the essential information (the English word and the French
translation) as blanks.  Is this WAD; perhaps a security
feature not to print text entry fields on forms?

offhand this looks like a known problem with the -dump option (though I hadn't noticed it in the print-screen). The problem is that lynx's dump isn't substituting the text fields into the formatted output - their content isn't stored in quite the same way.

It's fixable (but I've not gone in that area).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net