Re: [Lynx-dev] http://www.coachusa.com/rockland/

From: hsv
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] http://www.coachusa.com/rockland/
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 10:50:31 -0500

>>>> 20051103 02:21 -0500, Philip Webb >>>>
I would suggest you contact their site manager,
who will probably be willing to do something,
if you point out that it makes the site inaccessible to the blind,
a big no-no under present-day US legislation.
<<<<<<<<
I sought a contact-address and found none.  I knew the bus company ere it
was absorbed by Coach USA, and the site clearly was done by one of the
latter's.

No problem with Firefox.
<<<<<<<<
On Thu, Nov 03, 2005 at 02:21:45AM -0500, Philip Webb wrote:
> my guess is that there is an error in their HTML somewhere:

It's not an error.  They have JavaScripted the selection boxes so that
changing each one reloads the form and fills in the selections for the
next.
<<<<<<<<
To me the fourfold loading is a problem, it is all that much slower.
(And I cannot get a Rockland-Transit schedule by namimg the bus line if I
know it! only by searching endpoints.)

On this list I often see references to bad design, and I include this one.