[Lynx-dev] DOS / PDCurses patch for dev.17

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: [Lynx-dev] DOS / PDCurses patch for dev.17
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 01:22:54 -0800 (PST)

Attached is a patch to fix two problems I noted when compiling a
DOS version of lynx 2.8.6dev.17 with DJGPP and the new version 2.7
of PDCurses. One of the macros in aclocal.m4 isn't portable, and so
didn't properly detect the DJGPP gettext executables. I think this
patch makes the macro more portable. The other problem was the error
of "Terminal initialisation failed". This came from LYCurses.c because
PDCurses 2.7 now defines both newterm and delscreen. The PDCurses
newterm, however, is an empty function that always returns NULL. This
patch returns to the prior action of using initscr instead of newterm.
I don't think that I can do it, but it would seem cleaner to test
for a working newterm in the configure script, instead of patching
LYCurses.c.

One other thought - aclocal.m4 seems to be misnamed. This can't
be derived from other macros in the code and so should be named
acinclude.m4, with the name aclocal.m4 being used for a wrapper around
it.
                      Doug

--
Doug Kaufman