Re: [Lynx-dev] passing parameter problem

From: Stef Caunter
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] passing parameter problem
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2006 11:10:23 -0500 (EST)

You are telling lynx (and the server) there is a POST, but there is no POST data shown in your examples; it must come from STDIN - there are many examples in the list archive from last year

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lynx-dev/2005-07/index.html

see:

lynx  -post_data        user data for post forms, read from stdin

-post_data
              properly formatted data for a post form are  read  in  from  the
              standard input and passed to the form.  Input is terminated by a
              line that starts with '---'.

Stef
http://caunter.ca/contact.html

LYNX is at version: 2.8.5dev.16 and its installed on Fedora core OS and remote
client to me.

I am reaching that server with ssh api's of java.After connected i am executing
 commands  on that remote terminal..Than  java stdout gets everything from the
bash lines and prints them to screen...so its not an interactive applet..only
the results of terminal commands are printed to my screen with that jsp page i
write...

now the lynx part is:i couldnt pass my parameters to it via command line..if
run lynx and press g and write url ...everything work very fine..but when i do
with programming i have an headache...for example;

lynx -accept_all_cookies -dump -post_data
www.mysite.com/login.jsp?user=Burak&password=12345

i am sure the post data option or something dont see my
paramaters(user=Burak&password=12345)...because the page goes and says you must
enter your username and password

so my problem and what i want to do is exactly this.
(i have no way to see the logs and desktop login to fedora)