Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx2.8.6dev.19

From: Rado S
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx2.8.6dev.19
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 19:07:27 +0200

=- Thomas Dickey wrote on Fri  1.Sep'06 at 11:10:10 -0400 -=

> > But ... what are the arguments not to put those files to the
> > "proper" location where all apps put their config stuff, namely
> > sysconfdir rather than libdir?
>
> Other than the fact that none of the people who ask for this
> change have submitted (even a fractional) patch?

Oh, if that's the only thing, nothing easier than that.
Redirected HELPDIR and DOCDIR from libdir to datadir, too.
See attachment.

> Perhaps after 2.8.6....

Uh ... :-/

Anyway, while searching for "libdir" to replace, I found this in
old CHANGES2.8, maybe it helps understanding the current conflict:

------ QUOTE BEGIN ------
1997-11-12
* remove options --with-lss-file and --with-cfg-file, since the
corresponding files will always be installed under $(libdir),
reported by Henry Eric Nelson (HN). - TD
------- QUOTE END -------

Even if it seems insignificant, in fact EVERY effort counts
for a shared task, at least to show your deserving attitude.