[Lynx-dev] using lynx in expect scripts?

From: Jeff Sadowski
Subject: [Lynx-dev] using lynx in expect scripts?
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 18:57:33 -0700

I'm trying to automate using fedex's insight using lynx with expect.

here is what I have so far

start--->

export username=myfedexusername
export password=myfedexpassword
export view="my view"

rm -f manifest.*
expect -c "
#set no timeout
set timeout -1

#go to login
spawn lynx -nocolor -term=vt100 -width=80 http://www.fedex.com/us/?link=1
expect activate.
send /
expect query:
send Login\r\r
expect Allow?
send A

#fillin username password
expect activate.
send /
expect query:
send \"User ID:\r\"
send ${username}\r
send ${password}\r
send /
expect query:
send Login\r\t\t\r
expect Allow?
send A

#search for Insight
expect activate.
send /
expect query:
send Search\r\b\b\b\b\b\bInsight\r\r

#go to Insight
expect activate.
send /
expect query:
send \"FedEx Track - Track Shipments - Track A FedEx Shipment\r\r\"

#continue to Insight
expect activate.
send /
expect query:
send Insight\r\r

#find Views
expect activate.
send /
expect query:
send Create/Modify\r\r

#go to my view
expect activate.
send /
expect query:
send \"${view}\r\t\t\"
send /
expect query:
send \"${view}\r\"
expect back.
send d

send d
expect back.
send \t\r
expect filename:
send \r
expect back.
send q
expect quit
send y

interact
"
<----end

Problem is this when I change my screen size to anything but 80x24
columns my script explodes on me an I have no idea why.

Is there an easier program to use with expect scripts? (links was worse)

Is there a setting in lynx to make it easier to use with expect scripts?

Thanks for any help or replies,

Jeff Sadowski