Re: [Lynx-dev] Re: using 2.8.6 dev.11 on OS/2

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Re: using 2.8.6 dev.11 on OS/2
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 06:48:17 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 20 Jun 2007, Philip Webb wrote:

[ please send queries to lynx-dev in future ]

070620 Kattner G wrote:
I would be interested in a a binary package available for OS/2.
Whatever disclaimers would be necessary.
I most recently found Lynx useful (just now) for displaying
http://weilbacher.org/Mozilla/config.html
especially the  IFRAME: components
My first web page composed for Community College of Philadelphia
looked, or at least worked better in Lynx because of the
display and function of the link attribute.
For some reason Lynx 2.8.5dev.16 (01 Jun 2003)
is keeping me out of ebay (My ebay)
unlike Lynx 2.8.5dev.9 (06 Oct 2002)

I compiled (for someone else) an OS/2 copy of 2.8.6, though it doesn't
have SSL (OpenSSL's developers for some reason decided to lobotomize
their configuration, making it rely upon Perl, which is poorly supported
on OS/2).  If "my ebay" needs that, I can't help much.  Otherwise, I
can probably make that binary available.

Gerard Kattner
Philadelphia, PA 19149-1509
address@hidden