Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx 2.8.7.dev.4 and text entry question

From: PBM .
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx 2.8.7.dev.4 and text entry question
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 14:18:46 +0200

On 6/21/07, Thorsten Glaser <address@hidden> wrote:
Virden, Larry W. dixit:

>1. lynx decides to break long text lines. This sometimes causes problems
>with the resulting html page. For instance, on wiki.tcl.tk, text on one
>long line can be formatted as a bulleted (numbered, for instance)
paragraph.
>Breaking the text breaks the paragraph numbering...
>
>2. Just recently, I've begun to notice that, when entering a textarea
>containing text, making a change, and then submitting it (via post)
>for update, the resulting block sent sometimes has additional white
>space added.

This is annoying and appears with TRAC too. (When returning from my
external editor, I say `n' but still get an "Alert: VERY long lines
have been wrapped".)

That is limitation of [1024] char field, and as such caused crash before,
but is fixed.
Instead of static line memory allocation should be dynamic.
(just look for 1024 number in sources :-) )