Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx hangs II: the return

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx hangs II: the return
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 13:13:24 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 23 Feb 2008, Thomas Dickey wrote:

On Sat, 23 Feb 2008, Paul B. Mahol wrote:

Trying to view this message inside lynx

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lynx-dev/2007-08/msg00000.html

lynx "hangs" - actually starts using >1GB of memory (pointless)

I remember that vieweing it before have different results. So what
could trigger this behavior. This have something to do with tables.

At least I need to know is this lynx problem, gcc bug, ncurses bug or
something else.

I'd assume "lynx".  However, I'm not seeing a problem in a quick check -
lynx rapidly displays the page (using dev.8 which I compiled, or dev.7 from Debian/testing). valgrind indicates that it allocated about 4Mb.

That is, it doesn't appear in the default configuration.  If you turn off
color-style, there's some problem.

(Some of the table-rendering logic is intertwined with the color-style code)

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net